Friday 7 November 2014

Week 10: Quotations

1. "Just keep going, you'll make it one day" -Forrest Gump

 To me, this quote is quite relatable. There are times in everyone's life where they would probably just like to give up on what they're doing whether it be difficult or perhaps they just feel like the task at hand isn't worth it. However, if there's ever a time where something is too difficult, as this quote says, if you just keep going, or keep trying, than you'll get to where you want to be. This quote also seems to be very encouraging, and gives me some hope in talking about my goals and ambitions.

2. "You don't need to hide yourself because you're afraid of what others think of you. You have the choice to live your own life" - Albus Dumbeldore, Harry Potter

This quote is another that has a great impact on my life. I have chosen this one because I believe that you should always be your own person no matter what, and love who you are. This quote relays the message that you should love who you are, and that you should live the way you want. No matter what you do or say, people are going to disagree or just plain not like what you're doing, however that doesn't matter. Your own opinion is the most important when it comes to what you do with your life, and that is the only one that matters. Clearly there are always people that love you and appreciate you the way you are, so there's no reason to change who you are, as you are perfect just being you!

3. "I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind" -Edgar Allan Poe

I have chosen this quote because of the message that lies behind it. I agree with Poe in what he is saying, if you overthink things and bundle it all up you truly will go crazy. From spending too much time with your own thoughts you also develop your own way of thinking and opinions, which while that is good, you always have to take into account the way others take things as well. What Poe is saying I feel, is that he ended up spending too much time alone and realized that he had been driven mad by loneliness, and that one would always need companionship from another person to prevent this from happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment