Thursday 27 November 2014

Week 13; the end

This semester, I have gained many insights into poetry and short fiction. I have realized that they are both composed of formal and stylistic elements that aid in getting the author's point across to their reader. The most interesting parts of the course would have to be the spoken word poetry, authors like Dave Chappelle, grabbed my attention and got me listening from the beginning. However, I hated the sign language poetry because I didn't have any interest in trying to learn what they were trying to do. 

Some insights I have gained into essay writing is how to write an effective thesis, and also how to grab the reader's attention from the very beginning. As a writer, this course has taught me how to be more effective in my writing, and how to get my point across to my audience. Also, I feel that the essay writing workshops were very effective in helping us improve as writers. I thought that the blogging component of the course was a very fun way to help us be creative, and also a good way to help us boost our marks. All in all, the course was a good class to have, and it helped a lot in my development as a writer. I really enjoyed this course and would take it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment