Friday 26 September 2014

Week Four: Apple iPhone 5 Review


As everyone knows, Apple Inc launched the iPhone 5 in Canada on September 21st, 2012.  The iPhone 5 had accumulated a lot of talk, as it had so many design changes from the previous, iPhone 4. It had been equipped with a larger screen, it was thinner and lighter, and also had an aluminum based body. This phone comes in two basic colours, white/silver and black/slate. Aside from physical differences, the iPhone 5 is also said to have a better camera quality and longer lasting battery life.

Personally, I got my iPhone 5 approximately a month after it's launch, and I have to say, it is a decent phone overall. It had been previously equipped with the operating system iOS 6 when i had first received this product, however then apple had launched their new operating system, iOS 7 which had truly messed up my phone to no end. It had made it so that my battery life had decreased significantly, and also my phone had become much slower when doing basic actions. Therefore, my opinion is that the phone has a couple of flaws.

However, the iPhone 5 I currently have right now has been functioning for close to two years, which is more than i can say for some other cellular phones on the market today. The screen has not shattered as easily as people may think, and it has been capable of doing most of what I would expect from a cell phone. Although it has been discontinued as of September 2013, due to the release of the iPhone(s) 5s/5c, one can still get all they can out of their apple care plans and apps, if they have this model.

Overall, I would have to say that this product has been okay as far as cell phones go. It has lasted a couple of years and completed basic tasks, therefore I would give this model of the iPhone a 7.5/10 and would more than likely recommend it to someone if they were on the market for a new cell phone, and of course if these models of the iPhone were still being produced.


No comments:

Post a Comment