Friday 19 September 2014

Week Three; Photos

Photo 1:


This is a photo, taken in summer of 2013 in Vieux Quebec. From where this photo is taken, you can see all of the souvenir shops and clubs around the area. This is a place where I had spent most of my time during the summer of 2013, as I had spent five weeks doing a french exchange in Quebec City. This place means so much more to me than just a vacation area, it was where some of the best memories of my life had been made. I think of this place, and look at this photo quite often, and that's when I realize that I had grown up a lot since going here, and without this experience I don't know where I would be, or who I would be today.

Photo 2:


This is a photo, taken just a week ago at the Trinity Conception Relay for Life. The Canadian Cancer Society has this event every year, in aid of cancer research. I for one, walk for my family members and loved ones who have passed on due to this awful disease. As one can see from this photo, me and my team members all have our own reasons for doing the relay, and we have all lost or known someone with cancer. Without these people, the $40 000+ that we have raised in the last five years for cancer research wouldn't even be possible. To me, this photo represents a group of teenagers that want to make a difference in the world and would do anything to find the cure for cancer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment